Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things I'm Loving Lately

Spinach balls. I really enjoy food, especially finger foods. This recipe is lovely and easy and addictive, and I love it.
Of course, I can take no credit whatsoever, although there is a minor amount of pride associated with putting something in the oven and retrieving it unburned.
Check this out: http://www.simplecomfortfood.com/2010/03/16/spinach-balls/

 And this stuff. I'm always on the lookout for the non toxic, fair wages, environment saving product that works as well as the mainstream version claims to in the national commercials, so I'll probably post a good number of natural products over time, if this blogging thing sticks. My skin loves this moisturizer, and it's mostly organic. The company is pretty great too, although stuff can be pricy. This is the less expensive wild rose version, but it's fantastic. :)



This is a book that I discovered by chance. On an American Airlines flight, desperately bored, I started looking through their airline magazine (why would an airline have a magazine? for moments like this, apparently) and I found a little blurb about this book. This woman moved to Chicago with her husband, found herself BFF-free. So she went on a journey to fix this situation and wrote about it. So since I moved recently to the bay area, and have found out recently that it's apparently difficult to make friends, I bought this book as soon as I got home from the flight. I figure, worst case scenario, the book is boring but I take note of some of her methods to try out, and best case, the book is really entertaining and I learn some stuff about me and the way friendships work, and the book helps me make a bunch of friends. So far, which is only page 44, I'm enjoying the book, but I've only come across one method so far (because I skipped ahead in the book to the list of girls in the back [because it was available on the amazon preview and I read everything available on there while the book was shipping]). This method, www.girlfriendcircles.com, is basically online dating, but for friends and only available to women. So I filled in my profile and sent messages to a few girls and now, like any online dater, I wait, while lacking self esteem and fretting about no one replying to my "friend requests" or ever messaging me first. Meanwhile, I read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment